Disaster planning for information technologies has taken on an increased importance at many institutions. This has been precipitated by renewed interest from Boards of Trustees, auditors, Risk Managers, and prudent IT managers all concerned with:
* Safety and security of campus students, faculty, staff and visitors.
* Vulnerabilities and business continuity in the wake of recent natural and man-made disasters.
* Risks and liabilities associated with on-campus events.
* Concerns with points-of-failure in networks and applications critical to day-to-day operations.
* Concerns with keeping communications operable in case of a campus-wide or regional disaster.
* Outside perspective on the many issues associated with disaster planning.
Compass is available to assist institutions with disaster planning in many ways.
Sample clients include:
• Baylor University
• Temple University
• University of Denver
• Texas Christian University